Robert Korn, Esquire will be presenting at PBI’s Mechanics’ Liens in Pennsylvania.
Receive a refresher and get the latest updates on the Mechanics’ Lien Law.
The 2007 amendments Pennsylvania’s Mechanics’ Lien Law made dramatic alterations to that law, changing, and in some cases, reversing, the balance of power among owners and claimants. But those amendments were only the beginning. If the 2007 amendments were a revolution, the ten years that followed brought an almost constant evolution of the law. In addition to the four sets of amendments the General Assembly made over that period, faced with a steady stream of mechanics’ lien cases, the courts have contributed significantly to what is a very different looking Mechanics’ Lien Law landscape.
This course provides a framework for attorneys new to mechanics’ liens in Pennsylvania as well as an up-to-the-minute update on recent case law and legislation that will be valuable to even the most experienced practitioners.
- Find out about the latest developments in the Pennsylvania Contractor and Subcontractor Payment Act
- Hear the differencing perspectives on the Mechanics’ Lien Law from counsel for claimants, owners and lenders.Learn about some of the ethical considerations that apply in working with mechanics’ liens
Discuss and learn the answers to the following questions:
- How have the courts been applying the Supreme Court’s 2014 Bricklayers decision, and how should counsel proceed in the face of what sometime appear to be inconsistent approaches by the lower courts?
- What have we learned in the first months of operation of the State Construction Notices Directory and what legal issues are likely to arise as we move forward?
- How do you preserve and perfect or defend against a lien claim?
- When may lien rights still be waived?
- What are the practical considerations when the Mechanics’ Lien Law and bankruptcy intersect?
Mechanicsburg: Monday, June 19, 2017
Pittsburgh: Tuesday, June 20, 2017
Philadelphia: Tuesday, June 27, 2017
Live Webcast: Monday, June 19, 2017
Simulcast: Monday, June 19, 2017